Cotswold Oil Engine Bring & Buy sales
6 January 2015
Due to an unforeseen error in the Rally Claiming Dates feature in our January 2015 issue, please note that the Cotswold Oil Engine & Preservation Society’s bring and buy sales will take place at the Oakley Airfield, Worminghall, nr Wheatley, Oxford (just off the A40) on April 18 and November 7, 2015.
21 November 2013
Thomas Baines’ first engine restoration, a Marshall ‘Britannia’ portable, turned from a two-year stop gap project alongside his studies to a full six-year term, but it enabled this university student to get on the rung of the engine-owning ladder. This is his story...
Other Feature Articles
- A Life Remembered: BOB WHITEHEAD
- Young Restorers: Ashley Whiting
- Club Focus: Great Yorkshire Traction Engine Club
- Scotlandâ€™s last wheelwright
- Saved at the scrapyard: The Marshall â€˜Sâ€™-Type roller
- Museum Guide: Bridewell Museum, Norwich
- Monster steam winding engine
- Bus museum's just the ticket
- HMS Caroline to stay as Belfast attraction
- Dunkirk Little Ship rises - but where to now?
31 August 2012
The Steam Apprentice Club has found its apprentices at the Great Dorset Steam Fair to help with our Build A Burrell Project.
This is footage of the official launch with the presentation of a cheque by Old Glory Editor, Colin Tyson.
Current Issue: Feb 2015
• The Wantage engine
• Alex Sharphouse Collection
• National Fairground Archive
• Rare Schneider wagon
• Early Avelings sent to America
• Britain's 'most ornate' tram shelter
• Do you remember Steam Sphere?
• Next issue on sale: February 19, 2015