24 April 2014
Although the weekend is billed as 'Lady McAlpine’s 70th Birthday Party', she assures us that it is not about her; but her impending birthday gave the McAlpines an excuse to reverse their announced decision not to repeat last year’s event.
- Seaton Tramway suspended following storm
- City of Adelaide home
- Dorset roller record is official!
- Jonathan Minns – heritage pioneer
- Zig Zag Railway coaches destroyed by fire
- BOZ ORAM
- BEHIND THE SCENES AT ACTON DEPOT
- TONY KING – chairman, Ipswich Transport Museum
- Step lift carriage unveiled at permanent home
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday, 31st December 2014
We have teamed up with Teng Tools to offer our readers the chance to win this whopping tool kit worth over £3500! This 569 piece tool kit is built up using the Teng Tools TC tray system and the SV tool boxes with a six drawer top box, three drawer middle box and seven drawer roller cabinet.
21 November 2013
Thomas Baines’ first engine restoration, a Marshall ‘Britannia’ portable, turned from a two-year stop gap project alongside his studies to a full six-year term, but it enabled this university student to get on the rung of the engine-owning ladder. This is his story...
Other Feature Articles
- A Life Remembered: BOB WHITEHEAD
- Young Restorers: Ashley Whiting
- Club Focus: Great Yorkshire Traction Engine Club
- Scotland’s last wheelwright
- Saved at the scrapyard: The Marshall ‘S’-Type roller
- Museum Guide: Bridewell Museum, Norwich
- Monster steam winding engine
- Bus museum's just the ticket
- HMS Caroline to stay as Belfast attraction
- Dunkirk Little Ship rises - but where to now?
31 August 2012
The Steam Apprentice Club has found its apprentices at the Great Dorset Steam Fair to help with our Build A Burrell Project.
This is footage of the official launch with the presentation of a cheque by Old Glory Editor, Colin Tyson.
Current Issue: Jan 2015
♦ 2015 Rally Claiming Dates
♦ Burrell showman's engine returns
♦ 1700s Elsecar Newcomen engine restored
♦ Autumn road runs ♦ Isaac Ball of Wharles
♦ Northleach: Gloucestershire's first rally
♦ The demise of the local garage
♦ The woman behind PS Waverley
♦ Know your engine: Flywheel keys
• Next issue on sale: January 15, 2015