ENCLOSED is a photograph of Foden 6-wheel tar wagon registration UR 1328, taken in its working days, outside the railway station in Blackburn, Lancs, in the early 1950s.
This was at the time of the tram lines being lifted. It may be of interest to some readers following the recent correspondence.
Is the present condition of this engine considered to be a conversion, repair or the application of common sense? One for the purists to consider.
Responses to ““That” Foden”
Current Issue: Mar 2015
• Howard's century of change
• Vatican transport collection
• Rally wins Lottery!
• Return of the Cranleigh Belle
• Jack Russell's classic commercials
• Axe falls on Snibston Discovery Museum
• Second life for a Hindley horizontal engine
• The role of a transport museum manager
• Farewell to engineman Len Crane
• Next issue on sale: March 19, 2015